We comply with all relevant regulations regarding the safe storage of your personal data, including General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) – which came into effect in May 2018 – and we are committed to using your information in a responsible and sustainable way, ensuring your privacy is protected at all times.
We want you to feel secure when visiting our website (www.premierbedrooms.com), safe in the knowledge that any data you provide to us will be processed, used and kept carefully and respectfully.
There are areas of the Premier Bedrooms website where you may be asked to give your personal information, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Contact information (e.g. email address and phone number)
- Demographic information (e.g. postcode and location)
We use this information for the following reasons:
- To improve our product and service offering
- For market research purposes
- To provide more information about our products/services
In addition to these purposes, we add users who have actively opted into further communications from Premier Bedrooms to our internal database (see Active Opt-In section below for more details).
By using our website, we may automatically collect non-personal information about you and your website usage, such as:
- How you interact with the Premier Bedrooms website, including session duration, the number of pages visited etc.
- Whether you have been on the website before
- Which device you are using to access our site (including hardware and software information like what model you are using and the browser operating system you accessed our website from)
- Tracking information – whether you came to premierbedrooms.com directly or via another site
- Location information – which country/region you’re in when you access our website
We use the following channels to collect non-personal data:
- Google Adwords – Premier Bedrooms conducts external digital marketing through Google Adwords, which is defined by Google as “an online advertising service where advertisers (in this case, Premier Bedrooms) pay to display brief advertising copy, product listings and video consent within the Google ad network to relevant web users”.
We aim to target our advertising campaigns specifically to people who have already shown an interest in Premier Bedrooms to make it more relevant to them.
- Google Analytics – In keeping with our dedication to providing only relevant and engaging content on our website, Premier Bedrooms uses a third-party service called Google Analytics to collect information such as website visitor behaviour patterns and user journeys when on the premierbedrooms.com site.
This uses your unique numerical identifier rather than your personal information (meaning you can’t and won’t be identified by or any personal information), but allows us to monitor things like tracking and conversion data.
If you don’t want Google to collect data for use on their Google Analytics software, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on here.
- Facebook Pixel – Premier Bedrooms use Facebook as an advertising platform, which is facilitated by Facebook’s in-built conversion tracking pixel. This allows us to follow the vieiwing habits of users when they access the Premier Bedrooms site through Facebook advertisements. We do this to monitor the effectiveness of the adverts we show on Facebook, with the resultant statistical data we collect used for research purposes.
How will we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so, which include one or more of the following:
- Contract – the processing of your personal information in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement.
- Consent – the agreement for Premier Bedrooms to use your information in a specific way e.g. for storing your payment card details if express permission is given.
- Legitimate Interest – the ability for us to provide you with the best products and service by using your personal information to offer you products/services that you may have a legitimate interest in.
- Legal Obligation – if there is a statutory or legal obligation to share your personal information with the relevant authorities e.g. if we are legally obligated to share your information for law enforcement purposes for identify fraud etc.
We may use your information for a number of purposes, which include:
- Managing and administering your account and/or contract;
- Delivering any services, products or information requested by you;
- Responding to complaints or enquiries.
This is all covered under the ‘Legitimate Interest’ section of the current Data Protection regulations.
Active opt-in policy
To ensure we are fully compliant with GDPR regulations, we have now made sure that every form on the Premier Bedrooms website contains an active opt-in. This means that – whenever you choose to fill in your personal information on the Premier Bedrooms website – you will be asked to actively tick a box that gives us express permission to contact you outside the confines of your original query (e.g. to receive further marketing communications from Premier Bedrooms).
However, if you submit your personal information on premierbedrooms.com without ticking the active opt-in, your information will be used for its intended purpose only – to discuss your initial query – and your information will be permanently deleted once the enquiry has been dealt with, unless at that point you give us your express permission to keep your data on our records.
Please note: under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to withdraw your permission at any time (even if you have actively opted in), at which point we will be legally obligated to delete any information we hold on you.
You can update your details, change marketing preferences and/or withdraw such consent at any time by contacting:
Premier Bedrooms Ltd
Unit 2 – Katherine Park
Any information you provide to us is kept secure. We have comprehensive measures in place to reasonably protect your personal data from accidental loss or used/altered/disclosed by any unauthorised personnel.
However, please note that Premier Bedrooms cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, even if you access them using links from our website. Once you have clicked through and left our website, Premier Bedrooms no longer have any control over your protection and privacy of any information you may provide on the external website, and as such these sites are not governed by this Privacy Notice.
For this reason, we would always recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit for further details.
According to Data Protection regulations, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information – commonly referred to as a ‘subject access request’, this enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully. Please note that any request may be subject to a small administration charge.
- Request correction of the personal information – we endeavour to keep our data as relevant and up-to-date as possible. However, sometimes this is not possible, so by making the correction request, you are able to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information – you are in control of who has access to your personal data. That’s why (even if you have given Premier Bedrooms your express permission to process your data), you can ask us to delete or remove personal information at any time, where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to the processing of your personal information – as outlined by the section above, we use your data based on legitimate interest. However, you have a right to object to the processing of your personal information in this way if you think the information we are providing is not fulfilling the contractual obligation of legitimate interest (i.e. you don’t think it is relevant to you, or you no longer want to receive information from us that’s deemed by us to be ‘of legitimate interest’).
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information – This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information or object to the processing of your personal data, please write to us at the following:
Premier Bedrooms Ltd
Unit 2 – Katherine Park
First Party cookies may be set by the website you are visiting and they can only be read by that site. Session cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from the user’s device when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. However, it will never save any personal information about you, such as your name and address.
The Premier Bedrooms website uses the following cookies:
This is a Google advertising cookie that is used specifically for tracking and ad targeting purposes.
This Google-set cookie is used to link your activity across multiple devices here you are, or have previously been, signed into your Google account.
APISID, DSID, HSID
These cookies allow YouTube to collect usage information for YouTube-hosted videos.
This third-party persistent cookie allows for Google ad personalisation, making our advertisements more targeted.
This cookie will allow your browser to apply your Gmail login credentials.
This Google cookie is designed to personalise and enhance the overall user experience on the Premier Bedrooms website, remembering formatting preferences like the way websites looks or behaves. According to Google, “these cookies can also assist you in changing elements like text size, font and other customisable web page formats”.
This cookie is set specifically on pages on the Premier Bedrooms website that host a Google map, which allows the website to access and store user preferences and information.
These cookies are used as Google tracking cookies that show banner adverts that are customisable on Google properties such as Google search.
These cookies are used as tracking cookies on non-Google sites, stored in browsers under the domain doubleclick.net.
Called a Secure Session Identifier, this cookie is used to ensure the safety of users when accessing the Premier Bedrooms website.
This is a security cookie designed to protect users’ data from unauthorised and/or potentially fraudulent access.
This cookie is set by Twitter that facilitates social sharing.
__ga, __gat, __gid, OTZ
These cookies are used by Google Analytics to collect information about how and when users access the Premier Bedrooms site. All information collected via Google Analytics is collected anonymously (i.e. doesn’t use any personally identifiable information).
This advertising cookie is set on the domain (which, in this case, is premierbedrooms.com) and, unlike cookies that are set on Google’s own domains, these cookies can’t be read on any other website other than premierbedrooms.com.
This is a safety cookie linked to Facebook, specifically designed to help identify suspicious and potentially fraudulent login activities, activated when a web browser accesses Facebook.
This is a Facebook tracking cookie that tracks users specifically who come to the Premier Bedrooms website through Facebook.
This is another Facebook tracking cookie that specifically records data collected via the social sharing buttons on the Premier Bedrooms site, and offers the facility to share Premier Bedrooms’ Facebook page to others.
How can I control cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.